- Refund is the magic word today! I don't want to dwell too often on material items as good things, but this one comes after a bit of a wild ride. I had purchased tickets back in December, to a 3-day country music festival that was cancelled for financial reasons. I was unsure of the fate of the event and my hard-earned dollars for a number of months, but I was happy to check my statement to find that everything was made right as far as the money is concerned. I am sad that I am missing out on an event that meant so much to me last year (I met Carrie!) but now, I can use it to visit some family out West and make good things happen in August!
- The "mist" setting on the hose is my next good thing today. I needed relief from the heat, didn't want to be soaking wet, and it did the job! It's amazing what you'll appreciate when you don't have A/C! My dogs were happy too!
Speaking of dogs... - It doesn't matter how bad of a day I'm having, my dogs (and any dog with their people, I think) are always so happy to see me when I walk through the door. Their enthusiasm upon my entry and their pure love is always enough to put a smile on my face. They are definitely 2 very good things!
Taking the time to recognize three good things that have come out of every day.
Inspired by an exercise that is detailed in Lisa Napoli's memoir, Radio Shangri-La
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
July 17, 2012
I still can't seem to shake this case of the summer blahs and it bothers me specifically because I don't want this venture to be a suck fest at the end of every day. My family and I were talking about how this beautiful sunny weather we're having is helping to make this the perfect summer, but it could be even more perfect if we had air conditioning! I'm tired and summer school is wearing me down, but I have to be thankful for the (3) little things in life:
Labels:
3 Good Things,
dogs,
heat,
mist,
refund
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment