Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012

I have to admit that I didn't expect to hit a snag so soon (cue dramatic, silent film music) but a lack of sleep last night lead to a very rough path through my day; however, I suppose that it only goes to reinforce the idea that good things happen, even in the midst of negativity.  It took me a while to even remember what I am trying to do here, but then, while procrastinating via Pinterest, I came across this little nugget of wisdom:


I took this as a sign, which because it actually is a sign, was not that hard to do.  How true are these words?  It is so easy to put into practice!  I talk to my students all of the time about energy and how positivity attracts positivity, while negative energy breeds more negativity. These words act as a reminder of that concept and I will try to live that truth as make my way through this project.

Even though there was a point in the day that I was struggling with the concept, I present to you, today's good things:
  1. The tenacity of people who want something so bad that they keep facing their demons, refusing to give up the fight.  I am inspired by those who know what they want and won't give up until they succeed.
  2. I tried Skor ice cream today and it was a pretty magical experience!  What's more is that I was the first one to get my spoon into the container!  As a kid, my brothers and I used to compete over who got to ruin the "smoothness" of the unspoiled jar of peanut butter or the uncharted terrain of sweet ice cream. Today, friends, I felt like Neil Armstrong as he set foot on the moon!  I was there first!  I planted the flag of Spoonia and I tasted victory!
  3. Someone throught of me today.  I haven't spoken to this particular individual in a very long time, but she saw something online that she thought I might like (clearly Carrie Underwood related -- I'm obssessed!) she stuck it on my Facebook wall for me to see. It made my day, both seeing Carrie and being important enoufh to someone to have them take time out of their day to make me smile.
So, there you have it!  T'was a rocky road, but good things happened nonetheless.  I leave you with some more words of wisdom to think about when times are tough:

This is the thing from #3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment